Online: 0 Guests: 98
Release Date: June 20, 1975 (North America)
Genres: Action, Horror, Thriller MPAA Rating: PG
Production Phase: Released
Studio: Universal Pictures Production Company: Zanuck/Brown Productions
Who's In It: Roy Scheider (Chief Martin Brody), Robert Shaw (Sam Quint), Richard Dreyfuss (Matt Hooper), Lorraine Gary (Ellen Brody), Murray Hamilton (Mayor Larry Vaughn)
Who's Making It: Steven Spielberg (Director), Peter Benchley (Screenwriter), Carl Gottlieb (Screenwriter), Peter Benchley (Creator - Writer), Richard D. Zanuck (Producer)
Premise: A great white shark terrorizes the picturesque New England community of Amity Island, leaving the town's police chief no choice but to venture into open waters to destroy the animal before it kills again.... More »
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
On August 14, 2012 Universal Home Studios Entertainment will bring Jaws, Steven Spielberg's 1975 masterwork of suspense, on Blu-ray for the first time. The movie will be digitally remastered and fully restored for its Blu-ray debut, and its audio will be delivered in 7.1 surround sound.
Starring Roy Schieder, Robert Shaw and Richard Dreyfuss, Jaws is recognized as being Hollywood's first summer blockbuster. It was the first movie to cross the $100 million dollar box office waterline when it was released and was also nominated for a Best Picture Oscar. It did win an Oscar for composer John Williams who created the instantly recognizable theme music (dun-dun, dun-dun) as well as win Oscars for Best Editing and Best Sound.
Alright, so what extra goodies do you get when you pick up the Jaws Blu-ray?
- The Shark is Still Working: The Impact & Legacy of JAWS: An all-new feature-length documentary featuring never-before-seen footage and interviews with cast and crew including Steven Spielberg, Richard Dreyfuss and Roy Scheider. This is a documentary that I've wanted to see for years and I'm happy that it's being included on the Jaws Blu-ray.
- JAWS: The Restoration: An all-new, in-depth look at the intricate process of restoring the movie.
- The Making of JAWS: A two-hour documentary featuring interviews with key cast and crew.
- From the Set: An insider’s look at life on the set of JAWS, featuring an interview with Steven Spielberg.
- Deleted Scenes & Outtakes.
- JAWS Archives: Take a peek inside the JAWS archives, including storyboards, production photos and marketing materials, as well as a special segment on the JAWS phenomenon.
- Original Theatrical Trailer.
- A Digital Copy of the movie: Viewers can redeem a digital version of the full-length movie from a choice of retail partners to watch on an array of electronic and portable devices.
If you buy the new DVD version of Jaws (part of Universal's 100th anniversary celebration), you get another documentary titled Spotlight on Location: The Making of JAWS. This one includes interviews with the films' key cast and crew.
Universal has released a trailer for the Jaws Blu-ray as well as a look at the restoration job being done on the film. First, the Blu-ray trailer:
And here's a look at the restoration being done on the movie:
Saturday, December 3, 2011
For 22 years a great white shark has terrorized tourists on a tram ride. Millions of patrons have ridden the Jaws theme ride at Universal Studios Florida, subjecting themselves to a mechanical shark that pops out of the water and snarls at them as they pass by. While the Jaws ride may not be as sophisticated as other newer ones, it still remains the best known experience on the Universal Studios tram.
Now the time has finally arrived for Bruce the mechanical shark to swim off into retirement.
Universal's Florida attraction will be shutting down their Jaws experience on January 2, 2012 to make way for a future new attraction. The studio was quick to add that, while the mashing marine beastie won't be there to scare visitors anymore, there is something being planned that will "always remember and honor Jaws," whatever that will be.
The Universal Studios Orlando park has seen its attendance spike ever since opening the doors to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter tourist attraction. Another Harry Potter attraction has been announced for the studio's Hollywood theme park.
And if you're worried that you won't be able to make it to Orlando to experience the Jaws attraction for one final time, don't worry: the original Jaws ride is still in operation at its Universal Studios Hollywood location.Comment on this Scoop (0)