Online: 0 Guests: 105
On August 14, 2012 Universal Home Studios Entertainment will bring Jaws, Steven Spielberg's 1975 masterwork of suspense, on Blu-ray for the first time. The movie will be digitally remastered and fully restored for its Blu-ray debut, and its audio will be delivered in 7.1 surround sound.
Starring Roy Schieder, Robert Shaw and Richard Dreyfuss, Jaws is recognized as being Hollywood's first summer blockbuster. It was the first movie to cross the $100 million dollar box office waterline when it was released and was also nominated for a Best Picture Oscar. It did win an Oscar for composer John Williams who created the instantly recognizable theme music (dun-dun, dun-dun) as well as win Oscars for Best Editing and Best Sound.
Alright, so what extra goodies do you get when you pick up the Jaws Blu-ray?
- The Shark is Still Working: The Impact & Legacy of JAWS: An all-new feature-length documentary featuring never-before-seen footage and interviews with cast and crew including Steven Spielberg, Richard Dreyfuss and Roy Scheider. This is a documentary that I've wanted to see for years and I'm happy that it's being included on the Jaws Blu-ray.
- JAWS: The Restoration: An all-new, in-depth look at the intricate process of restoring the movie.
- The Making of JAWS: A two-hour documentary featuring interviews with key cast and crew.
- From the Set: An insider’s look at life on the set of JAWS, featuring an interview with Steven Spielberg.
- Deleted Scenes & Outtakes.
- JAWS Archives: Take a peek inside the JAWS archives, including storyboards, production photos and marketing materials, as well as a special segment on the JAWS phenomenon.
- Original Theatrical Trailer.
- A Digital Copy of the movie: Viewers can redeem a digital version of the full-length movie from a choice of retail partners to watch on an array of electronic and portable devices.
If you buy the new DVD version of Jaws (part of Universal's 100th anniversary celebration), you get another documentary titled Spotlight on Location: The Making of JAWS. This one includes interviews with the films' key cast and crew.
Universal has released a trailer for the Jaws Blu-ray as well as a look at the restoration job being done on the film. First, the Blu-ray trailer:
And here's a look at the restoration being done on the movie: