Have you seen The Avengers movie yet? Are you ready to pick up the discussion about the film and the whole Marvel Cinematic Universe where The Avengers ended? If so, get thee to Comic Related and listen to The Avengers movie roundtable podcast that I participated in along with several other online gurus including Rob Keyes (editor of Screen Rant), Brant Fowler (editor of Comic Related) and Marc N. Kleinhenz, creator/writer of our Game of Thrones series of articles.
What's our Avengers podcast about? Well, the four of us assemble to discuss what we thought of Marvel's latest movie and what it means to the future creative and business direction for Marvel Studios and its parent company, Walt Disney. Some of the topics that the four of us discuss include:
- Will we see a stand-alone Hulk movie starring Mark Ruffalo?
- Will Joss Whedon return for Avengers 2?
- Did the four-year plan Marvel had for Iron Man, Thor and Captain America movies pay off better than they expected?
- Did the easter eggs in Iron Man, Captain America and Thor pay off in Avengers?
- Did Joss Whedon plant a secret in The Avengers about which new superhero we might see in Avengers 2?
- Is Marvel the first movie studio that stands a chance of making a "mega-franchise"?
- And more!
Trust me, the stuff we get around to talking about is hardcore Marvel movie material. And it was a lot of fun to do.
Ready? Listen to the Avengers movie post-release roundtable and then share your thoughts on what we said in the comments below!